AIT’s IoT Group has an active presence in the International IoT (Internet of Things) community for nearly a decade. Its expertise spans the full range of IoT technologies, including high-performance networking for IoT applications, middleware for IoT streaming and analytics, IoT data and context modelling, IoT/cloud integration, as well as the development of a wide range of applications in both consumer and industrial settings.
Our active presence and contribution to the international IoT community is substantiated through:
- Participation in some of the most prominent EU projects on IoT, including award-winning projects such as OpenIoT (openiot.eu). During the last ten years, the group has participated in over 10 EC co-funded IoT projects in the scope of the FP7, ICT PSP and H2020 frameworks. As part of these projects, the group has attracted over 3.500.000 € of research/grant funding in competitive calls for proposal.
- Contribution to the IoT open source community, as part of open source projects like OpenIoT and AspireRFID, where the group has been among the co-founders and leading committers. Our groups has contributed many hundreds of thousands lines of IoT code to github and other open source repositories. We have also presented our projects to prominent events of the open source community such as FOSSDEM.
- Consistent Presence to National and International events on IoT, where members of the group are participating as speakers, panel members, presenters and organizers of sessions, workshops and exhibitions. We have a continuous and active presence in the IoT week, while we have also organized summer schools and a wider range of community events of national and international scale.
- Research contributions in IoT related journals and conferences, along with the provision of services like review of publications and books. Our community services include also the provision of expertise as part of expert groups and activity chains of the European Research Cluster on the Internet of Things (IERC) and the Alliance for IoT Innovation (AIOTI).
- Active contributions to the global community of IoT practitioners, through hands-on and practical articles on linkedin (e.g., IoT tutorial), electronic magazines, blogs etc.
- Provision of leading edge IoT training services, at tutorial and advanced levels. Our curricula evolve in-line with the state of the art (see for example our slideshare IoT tutorial introduction)