The aim of the Library is to support and promote the education and research work of AIT’s faculty, researchers, and students.
The Academic Library of AIT offers a relaxed and warm environment that invites visitors to browse through scientific, business, and political literature. It is located on the ground floor of AIT’ s premises, covers an area of 250 square meters and has a separate study room of 150 square meters.
Its services are available to AIT’s professors, students, and administrative staff, and all members of the INTRACOM Group, and the general public.
External researchers and users requiring occasional access may use the Library for reference purposes only.
The Library provides and maintains computing facilities for the campus community.
The public computing facilities include four computers with internet access, photocopiers, scanner, and printers. At these web stations, students can:
- Search the web
- Go to blackboard
- Search OPAC
- Check e-mail
Users must login to use these internet workstations and must logout upon completion of their work. Campus visitors login with a temporary ID and password.
- The Library is accessible to AIT faculty, staff and students, and the INTRACOM Group. The Library staff is available for assistance.
- Absolute silence is required.
- Smoking, mobile phones, drinks and food, are not permitted.
- Bags and personal items are to be placed in lockers before entering the Library.
- Underlining, writing, or drawing, in books or publications, is not permitted.
- Writing on, or, in any way, damaging the furniture, is not permitted.
- The use of laptops in the Library is allowed.
- Users are requested not to return books to the shelves. Books should be left on the table of the reading room or at a place indicated by the Library staff.
Hours are subject to change during special events and holidays.
Ms. Anna Diakaki, Librarian
T: +30 210-668 2736-7, F: +30 210-668 2739
library [ a_t ] ait.edu.gr
adia [ a_t ] ait.edu.gr
"Innovative projects that would really sell in the actual business world, business plans with real chances to succeed and marketing plans picturing actual market situations are some of the attributes that you don’t find in an average institution that doesn’t provide up-to-date real-world education and hasn’t a drive for research and excellence. The environment in AIT is not the one you expect to find in a traditional Greek education establishment! In my opinion, it is closer to the work environment and it is designed to prepare someone for the things to come, rather than being a mere theoretic round of lectures."
Theo Bassayiannis, MBIT 2006 (Greece)